Subject: 5.2: arm-smmu e0600000.smmu: Unexpected global fault, this could be serious

From: Andreas Schwab <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2019 13:28:12 +0200

When trying to boot 5.2 on a seattle platform, I'm getting these errors:

[ 5056.934028] arm-smmu e0600000.smmu: Unexpected global fault, this could be serious
[ 5056.953895] arm-smmu e0600000.smmu: Unexpected global fault, this could be serious
[ 5056.961452] arm_smmu_global_fault: 2959 callbacks suppressed
[ 5056.961456] arm-smmu e0600000.smmu:  GFSR 0x00000001, GFSYNR0 0x00000000, GFSYNR1 0x00000001, GFSYNR2 0x00000000
[ 5056.977276] arm-smmu e0600000.smmu: Unexpected global fault, this could be serious
[ 5056.984838] arm-smmu e0600000.smmu:  GFSR 0x80000000, GFSYNR0 0x00000000, GFSYNR1 0x00000001, GFSYNR2 0x00000000
[ 5057.007296] arm-smmu e0600000.smmu:  GFSR 0x00000001, GFSYNR0 0x00000000, GFSYNR1 0x00000001, GFSYNR2 0x00000000
[ 5057.017475] arm-smmu e0600000.smmu:  GFSR 0x80000000, GFSYNR0 0x00000000, GFSYNR1 0x00000001, GFSYNR2 0x00000000
[ 5057.039919] arm-smmu e0600000.smmu:  GFSR 0x00000001, GFSYNR0 0x00000000, GFSYNR1 0x00000001, GFSYNR2 0x00000000
[ 5057.050098] arm-smmu e0600000.smmu:  GFSR 0x80000000, GFSYNR0 0x00000000, GFSYNR1 0x00000001, GFSYNR2 0x00000000
[ 5057.072592] arm-smmu e0600000.smmu:  GFSR 0x00000001, GFSYNR0 0x00000000, GFSYNR1 0x00000001, GFSYNR2 0x00000000
[ 5057.082766] arm-smmu e0600000.smmu:  GFSR 0x80000000, GFSYNR0 0x00000000, GFSYNR1 0x00000001, GFSYNR2 0x00000000
[ 5057.105167] arm-smmu e0600000.smmu:  GFSR 0x00000001, GFSYNR0 0x00000000, GFSYNR1 0x00000001, GFSYNR2 0x00000000
[ 5057.115342] arm-smmu e0600000.smmu:  GFSR 0x80000000, GFSYNR0 0x00000000, GFSYNR1 0x00000001, GFSYNR2 0x00000000
[ 5061.847674] arm_smmu_global_fault: 2964 callbacks suppressed

The errors start as soon as the network interface is being brought up,
and causes networking to fail to work.

Andreas.

-- 
Andreas Schwab, SUSE Labs, [email-masked]
GPG Key fingerprint = 0196 BAD8 1CE9 1970 F4BE  1748 E4D4 88E3 0EEA B9D7
"And now for something completely different."

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel