Subject: [PATCH v6 13/17] arm64:ilp32: add sys_ilp32.c and a separate table (in entry.S) to use it

From: [email-masked] (Andreas Schwab)
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2015 09:58:43 +0100

Arnd Bergmann <[email-masked]> writes:

> I think either way is fine for the two examples. I think it's clear
> that we want __NR_llseek as 62 and __NR_mmap2 as 222. Whether those
> use the compat_sys_llseek/compat_sys_mmap2_wrapper or
> sys_lseek/sys_mmap entry points is not overly important, we can use
> whatever is more convenient to glibc: if we can kill off an
> architecture specific wrapper function in glibc by adding one line
> to the kernel, that seems worthwhile.

Currently most off_t-like syscalls need a new glibc wrapper since the
existing ones are either for 32bit off_t+off64_t (with split off64_t
syscall arguments) or pure 64bit off_t architectures.  Since ilp32 now
(mostly) has 32bit off_t, but 64bit off_t-like syscalls neither of them
fit.

Andreas.

-- 
Andreas Schwab, SUSE Labs, schwab at suse.de
GPG Key fingerprint = 0196 BAD8 1CE9 1970 F4BE  1748 E4D4 88E3 0EEA B9D7
"And now for something completely different."