Subject: [GIT PULL] make omap24xx boot in dt mode only, prepare omap3 to drop legacy booting for v3.14

From: [email-masked] (Tony Lindgren)
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2013 12:25:55 -0800

The following changes since commit f2e2c9d9b4087b74eb9e00d8dfac148354cb0b71:

  ARM: dts: Fix booting for secure omaps (2013-12-06 15:30:43 -0800)

are available in the git repository at:

  git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tmlind/linux-omap 

for you to fetch changes up to adfe9361b236154215d4b0fc8b6d79995394b15c:

  ARM: dts: Add basic devices on am3517-evm (2013-12-08 14:15:46 -0800)

----------------------------------------------------------------
Make omap2420 and 2430 boot in device tree only mode and prepare things
for removing omap3 legacy booting support.

We can make omap2420 and 2430 boot in device tree only mode by keeping
board-n8x0.c around until Menelaus has device tree and regulator support
so devices still work. For the omap2430-sdp we have omap2430-sdp.dts,
and there's also a minimal support for H4 in omap2420-h4.dts.

For omap3, let's not drop the legacy platform booting quite yet so
people have a little time to update their booting system.

With the fixes going into v3.13, thing should behave pretty much the
same way for legacy booting and device tree based booting for omap3.

So people using omap3 based boards, please update your systems to
boot in device tree mode as omap3 is the last SoC in mach-omap2
that boots in the legacy mode.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Aaro Koskinen (1):
      ARM: OMAP2+: dts: add n8x0 onenand

Tony Lindgren (20):
      mfd: twl-core: Fix passing of platform data in the device tree case
      Merge branch 'dt-regressions' into omap-for-v3.13/fixes-take4
      ARM: dts: Add basic device tree support for omap2430 sdp
      ARM: dts: Add basic Nokia N8X0 support
      ARM: dts: Add basic support for omap3 LDP zoom1 labrador
      Merge branch 'omap-for-v3.13/fixes-take4' into omap-for-v3.14/board-removal
      Merge branch 'omap-for-v3.14/dt' into omap-for-v3.14/board-removal
      ARM: OMAP2+: Add support for board specific auxdata quirks
      ARM: OMAP2+: Add device tree compatible revision checks for n8x0
      ARM: OMAP2+: Make n8x0 behave better with device tree based booting
      ARM: OMAP2+: Add quirks support for n8x0
      ARM: OMAP2+: Remove legacy booting support for n8x0
      ARM: OMAP2+: Remove board file for H4
      ARM: OMAP2+: Remove legacy board file for 2430sdp
      ARM: OMAP2+: Remove legacy mux code for omap2
      ARM: OMAP2+: Remove legacy hwmod entries for omap2
      Merge branch 'omap-for-v3.14/board-removal' into omap-for-v3.14/omap3-board-removal
      ARM: OMAP2+: Add support for legacy auxdata for twl
      ARM: OMAP2+: Use pdata quirks for emac on am3517
      ARM: dts: Add basic devices on am3517-evm

 arch/arm/boot/dts/Makefile                         |   5 +
 arch/arm/boot/dts/am3517-evm.dts                   |  29 +
 arch/arm/boot/dts/omap2420-n800.dts                |   8 +
 arch/arm/boot/dts/omap2420-n810-wimax.dts          |   8 +
 arch/arm/boot/dts/omap2420-n810.dts                |   8 +
 arch/arm/boot/dts/omap2420-n8x0-common.dtsi        |  99 +++
 arch/arm/boot/dts/omap2430-sdp.dts                 |  49 ++
 arch/arm/boot/dts/omap3-ldp.dts                    | 231 ++++++
 arch/arm/mach-omap2/Kconfig                        |  13 -
 arch/arm/mach-omap2/Makefile                       |   4 -
 arch/arm/mach-omap2/board-2430sdp.c                | 273 -------
 arch/arm/mach-omap2/board-h4.c                     | 365 ----------
 arch/arm/mach-omap2/board-n8x0.c                   | 234 ++----
 arch/arm/mach-omap2/common-board-devices.h         |   1 +
 arch/arm/mach-omap2/common.h                       |   1 +
 arch/arm/mach-omap2/msdi.c                         |  69 --
 arch/arm/mach-omap2/mux.h                          |   2 -
 arch/arm/mach-omap2/mux2420.c                      | 690 ------------------
 arch/arm/mach-omap2/mux2420.h                      | 282 --------
 arch/arm/mach-omap2/mux2430.c                      | 793 ---------------------
 arch/arm/mach-omap2/mux2430.h                      | 370 ----------
 arch/arm/mach-omap2/omap_device.c                  |   2 +
 arch/arm/mach-omap2/omap_hwmod_2420_data.c         | 137 ----
 arch/arm/mach-omap2/omap_hwmod_2430_data.c         | 266 -------
 .../mach-omap2/omap_hwmod_2xxx_interconnect_data.c | 165 +----
 arch/arm/mach-omap2/omap_hwmod_2xxx_ipblock_data.c |  72 +-
 arch/arm/mach-omap2/omap_hwmod_common_data.h       |   5 -
 arch/arm/mach-omap2/pdata-quirks.c                 | 107 ++-
 drivers/mfd/twl-core.c                             |  15 +-
 29 files changed, 609 insertions(+), 3694 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 arch/arm/boot/dts/omap2420-n800.dts
 create mode 100644 arch/arm/boot/dts/omap2420-n810-wimax.dts
 create mode 100644 arch/arm/boot/dts/omap2420-n810.dts
 create mode 100644 arch/arm/boot/dts/omap2420-n8x0-common.dtsi
 create mode 100644 arch/arm/boot/dts/omap2430-sdp.dts
 create mode 100644 arch/arm/boot/dts/omap3-ldp.dts
 delete mode 100644 arch/arm/mach-omap2/board-2430sdp.c
 delete mode 100644 arch/arm/mach-omap2/board-h4.c
 delete mode 100644 arch/arm/mach-omap2/mux2420.c
 delete mode 100644 arch/arm/mach-omap2/mux2420.h
 delete mode 100644 arch/arm/mach-omap2/mux2430.c
 delete mode 100644 arch/arm/mach-omap2/mux2430.h