Subject: [PATCH] Kirkwood: Marvell GuruPlug support

From: [email-masked] (Alexander Clouter)
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 18:35:39 +0000

Nicolas Pitre <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> 
>> Fair enough, I thought (with the exception of the shameful removal of 
>> the onboard questionable serial/jtag) the boards were identical, just 
>> with extra USB/NIC ports added.
> 
> "questionable" ??
>
Yeah, I rejigged that sentence when originally slapping it together and 
forgot to remove 'questionable'.

It was a shame the onboard readily available serial/jtag was removed on 
the Guruplug.  The SheevaPlug makes a great home router[1] or streaming 
radio client[2], but having to remember to carry a separate box to just 
serial into it is a plain pain :-/

Now if I could get a 4GB RAM version, I would have me some low power 
HTTP proxy servers for work :)

Cheers

[1] USB xDSL modem plugged in
[2] the student radio bods at my workplace love them for just this

-- 
Alexander Clouter
.sigmonster says: Oatmeal raisin.