Subject: Re: linux-next: manual merge of the net-next tree with the wireless tree

From: Johannes Berg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2023 07:49:27 +0200

On Thu, 2023-10-19 at 14:40 -0700, Jakub Kicinski wrote:
> On Thu, 12 Oct 2023 10:10:10 +0200 Johannes Berg wrote:
> > > I fixed it up (I just used the latter, there may be more needed)  
> > 
> > Just using net-next/wireless-next is fine, I actually noticed the issue
> > while I was merging the trees to fix the previous conflicts here.
> 
> Resolved the conflict in 041c3466f39d, could you double check?

I don't see anything there, but I guess that means it's good? Code looks
fine.

> Also, there's another direct return without freeing the key in
> ieee80211_key_link(), is that one okay ?

*sigh*

No, it's not. I think that means I resolved the previous merge there
incorrectly, because it's OK in wireless and broken in wireless-next,
and it had been fixed in d097ae01ebd4 ("wifi: mac80211: fix potential
key leak").

Anyway, thanks for checking and noticing! Will fix.

johannes