Subject: RE: linux-next: interesting merges in the arm-soc tree

From: Kukjin Kim <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2012 09:58:24 +0900

Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi all,
Hi,

> I noticed that the arm-soc tree has merged in the v4l-dvb and the
> slave-dma trees today.   Is there some good reason for this?  It fixes a

I did slave-dma...

Yes, I have created branch for samsung dma on top of slave-dma tree. Because
samsung tree touched drivers/dma/pl330.c for samsung device tree then the
arch/arm/common/pl330.c file have been merged into drivers/dma/pl330.c with
touching samsung stuff and of course there are changes of
drivers/dma/pl330.c in slave-dma as well. So I did...

> few conflicts (but that is not excuse) and there may be dependencies in a
> driver on the v4l-dvb tree (but maybe that means that that driver should
> be merged via the v4l-dvb tree - it looks like the "at91/drivers" is
> based on the v4l-dvb tree, so probably doesn't depend on anything else on
> the arm-soc tree).
> 
> If nothing else, are you sure that neither of those merged trees will
> rebase?  You have also just inherited any bugs in those two trees.

I know, Vinod knows I merged his tree for above situation so he will not
rebase that and Arnd will send that after merging of slave-dma into mainline
during merge window. So I think, we will not see any problem. :) But if
wrong, please let me know.

Thanks.

Best regards,
Kgene.
--
Kukjin Kim <[email-masked]>, Senior Engineer,
SW Solution Development Team, Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.