Subject: Re: linux-next: changing maintainership

From: Krzysztof Kozlowski <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2025 12:56:02 +0100

On 18/12/2025 08:07, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi all,
> 
> Some of you already know this, but this is a general announcement.
> 
> I will be stepping down as Linux-Next maintainer on Jan 16, 2026.  Mark
> Brown has generously volunteered to take up the challenge.  He has
> helped in the past filling in when I have been unavailable, so
> hopefully knows what he is getting in to.  I hope you will all treat
> him with the same (or better) level of respect that I have received.
> 
> It has been a long but mostly interesting task and I hope it has been
> helpful to others.  It seems a long time since I read Andrew Morton's
> "I have a dream" email and decided that I could help out there - little
> did I know what I was heading for.
> 

Thank you Stephen for amazing work you did for all these years. Not the
easiest work, also not the most glorious but one very important to the
community.

Good luck Mark and thanks for continuing with the linux-next!

Best regards,
Krzysztof