Subject: Re: linux-next: scsi tree build failure

From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2008 08:05:50 +1000

On Mon, 2008-07-07 at 09:39 -0500, James Bottomley wrote:
> > Caused because commit 341b56db6804040aa9559e913865108424e3b18b
> ("[SCSI]
> > ibmvscsi: driver enablement for CMO"), which was 15/16 in a series,
> has
> > been merged before any of the other patches in the series.  I have
> > reverted that commit.
> 
> Do I detect the fact that IBM sent a patch for a SCSI driver for which
> the core features weren't yet enabled (and which I couldn't check, not
> having a ppc build system)?

I suspect the sender (Robert) was asking for comments/review :-) In any
case, Robert, next time make it explicit on a patch CCed to a separate
list from the rest of the serie that it isn't to be merged without
dependencies.

James, if you ack it, I'll put it in powerpc.git.

Cheers,
Ben.