Subject: Re: linux-next: manual merge of the usb tree

From: Jaswinder Singh <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 12:36:17 +0530

Hello Stephen,

On Wed, 2008-07-16 at 12:02 +1000, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi Greg,
> 
> Today's linux-next merge of the usb tree got a conflict in
> drivers/usb/serial/io_ti.c between commit
> d12b219a228efe92f0778ed3af21305e65fbb052 ("edgeport-ti: use
> request_firmware()") from Linus' tree and commit
> 1f023570c8d00d3511799ccad21dc3525a6160e1 ("USB: io_ti: FIrst cut at a big
> clean up") from the usb tree.
> 
> This conflict used to be in the firmware tree and my solution then was to
> remove the commit now in Linus' tree because the fixup was going to take
> to long.  Now my solution is to remove the commit from the usb tree.
> 

I am checking linux-next tree :
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/sfr/linux-next.git

I think you already merged alan patch to it but firmware patch is not
installed yet.

So I am going to check alan patch manually.
And after confirmation that alan patch is fully installed then I will
install firmware patch and send to all of you.

Thank you,

Jaswinder Singh.