Subject: Re: linux-next: mfd tree build failure

From: ian <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2008 16:39:54 +0100

On Wed, 2008-08-06 at 00:08 +1000, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi Samuel,
> 
> Today's linux-next build (sparc allmodconfig) failed like this:
> 
> drivers/mfd/t7l66xb.c:167: error: implicit declaration of function
> `get_irq_data'

Hi.

I'd have expected the other TMIO drivers to fail too.

get_irq_data is defined in linux/irq.h only if 

CONFIG_GENERIC_HARDIRQs is set and you arent on S390 (so why doesnt S390
fail?)

I dont see this as a big problem. As far as Im concerned, all the TMIO
drivers can depend on CONFIG_ARM.

It may not be a bad idea to add CONFIG_MFD_TMIO_SUBDEVICE so that TMIO
sub device drivers can only be selected when TMIO cores are selected.
This would neatly fix the earlier problem, rather than making al lthe
subdevices CONFIG_ARM.