Subject: Re: linux-next: leds tree build failure

From: Richard Purdie <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 22:46:13 +0100

Hi Stephen,

On Tue, 2008-10-21 at 15:47 +1100, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Today's linux-next build (x86_64 allmodconfig) failed like this:
> 
> drivers/leds/leds-hp-disk.c: In function 'hpled_add':
> drivers/leds/leds-hp-disk.c:101: error: invalid lvalue in assignment
> 
> Caused by commit 9c78ff6e65cad9f9fcf0bbde2bfbbf3a544fb704 ("leds: Add
> driver for HP harddisk protection LEDs") from the leds tree inertacting
> with commit db89b4f0dbab837d0f3de2c3e9427a8d5393afa3 ("ACPI: catch calls
> of acpi_driver_data on pointer of wrong type") from the acpi tree.
> 
> I fixed it up (see below).

Thanks for spotting that and fixing. I've added the fix to the tree
before I sent the pull request.

Cheers,

Richard