Subject: Re: linux-next: manual merge of the perfmon3 tree

From: Peter Zijlstra <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 10:31:29 +0100

On Wed, 2008-11-26 at 01:00 -0800, Andrew Morton wrote:
> On Wed, 26 Nov 2008 09:46:04 +0100 Ingo Molnar <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> > _Especially_ if 
> > then the linux-next integrator also plays stupid about basic kernel 
> > workflow questions ;-)
> 
> He didn't.  I suggested to Stephane and Stephen that we get this stuff
> into linux-next for a shot at 2.6.29 and that the collective 'we' make
> an extra effort to get perfmon over the hump and merged up.
> 
> You missed that email, missed the presence of perfmon in linux-next
> and repeatedly chose to not review the perfmon patch series when it went
> past.
> 
> So here we all are.

It just seems to me that CC-ing the intended 'we' at that point would
have saved a lot of grief.

Stuffing 2.3k lines of code in without the maintainers ACK is not
something we do each day, and I can understand them getting miffed about
that. I think every maintainer would consider such an action plain rude.