Subject: Re: linux-next: scsi-post-merge tree build failure

From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2008 07:56:32 +1100

On Tue, 2008-12-23 at 01:25 +1100, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi Paul, Ben,
> 
> Today's linux-next build (powerpc ppc44x_config) failed like this:
> 
> arch/powerpc/kvm/powerpc.c: In function 'kvm_arch_vcpu_put':
> arch/powerpc/kvm/powerpc.c:333: error: implicit declaration of function '_tlbil_all'
> 
> Probably caused by commit 2a4aca1144394653269720ffbb5a325a77abd5fa
> ("powerpc/mm: Split low level tlb invalidate for nohash processors").
> Reverting just that commit was too difficult, so I have reverted the
> powerpc tree for today.

You can't revert that without reverting my whole series.

Adding a #include ../mm/mmu_decl.h to the kvm code should fix it for
now.

I need to talk to hollis about the right way to do that stuff in
the long run but it might be it... those _tlbil things are low level
stuff that aren't supposed to be used by the outside world which is
why I moved the declarations there, but KVM is also low level :-)

Cheers,
Ben.