Subject: Re: linux-next: kvm tree build failure

From: Hollis Blanchard <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 04 Jan 2009 13:45:47 -0600

On Sun, 2009-01-04 at 13:08 +0200, Avi Kivity wrote:
> Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> > And again.  Can you please find some fix for this so that the kvm tree
> > can get some integration testing ...
> >   
> 
> Hollis, help!

The "disarm" patch should fix the build. I'll resend that in a moment.

I'd like to remind you though that the cause of this breakage was the
debug patches you applied. It's also worth noting that the "fix" is to
delete functionality, so any way you look at it it's not a good
situation.

Between that and other kernel breakage (like Rusty's
smp_call_function_many patch), it has taken a lot of effort just to try
to catch up.

-- 
Hollis Blanchard
IBM Linux Technology Center