Subject: [BUILD FAILURE 02] Next April 9 : x86_64 randconfig [arch/x86/kernel/apic/io_apic.c]

From: Subrata Modak <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Apr 2009 15:54:41 +0530

Observed the following error:

WARNING: modpost: Found 2 section mismatch(es).
To see full details build your kernel with:
'make CONFIG_DEBUG_SECTION_MISMATCH=y'
  GEN     .version
  CHK     include/linux/compile.h
  UPD     include/linux/compile.h
  CC      init/version.o
  LD      init/built-in.o
  LD      .tmp_vmlinux1
arch/x86/kernel/built-in.o: In function `__target_IO_APIC_irq':
/root/subrata/kernels/linux-2.6.30-rc1-randconfig5/arch/x86/kernel/apic/io_apic.c:561: undefined reference to `irq_remapped'
arch/x86/kernel/built-in.o: In function `migrate_ioapic_irq_desc':
/root/subrata/kernels/linux-2.6.30-rc1-randconfig5/arch/x86/kernel/apic/io_apic.c:2389: undefined reference to `get_irte'
/root/subrata/kernels/linux-2.6.30-rc1-randconfig5/arch/x86/kernel/apic/io_apic.c:2406: undefined reference to `modify_irte'
arch/x86/kernel/built-in.o: In function `destroy_irq':
/root/subrata/kernels/linux-2.6.30-rc1-randconfig5/arch/x86/kernel/apic/io_apic.c:3286: undefined reference to `free_irte'
arch/x86/kernel/built-in.o: In function `disable_IO_APIC':
/root/subrata/kernels/linux-2.6.30-rc1-randconfig5/arch/x86/kernel/apic/io_apic.c:2100: undefined reference to `intr_remapping_enabled'
/root/subrata/kernels/linux-2.6.30-rc1-randconfig5/arch/x86/kernel/apic/io_apic.c:2123: undefined reference to `intr_remapping_enabled'
arch/x86/kernel/built-in.o: In function `setup_ioapic_entry':
/root/subrata/kernels/linux-2.6.30-rc1-randconfig5/arch/x86/kernel/apic/io_apic.c:1532: undefined reference to `intr_remapping_enabled'
/root/subrata/kernels/linux-2.6.30-rc1-randconfig5/arch/x86/kernel/apic/io_apic.c:1533: undefined reference to `map_ioapic_to_ir'
/root/subrata/kernels/linux-2.6.30-rc1-randconfig5/arch/x86/kernel/apic/io_apic.c:1542: undefined reference to `alloc_irte'
/root/subrata/kernels/linux-2.6.30-rc1-randconfig5/arch/x86/kernel/apic/io_apic.c:1562: undefined reference to `modify_irte'
arch/x86/kernel/built-in.o: In function `ioapic_register_intr':
/root/subrata/kernels/linux-2.6.30-rc1-randconfig5/arch/x86/kernel/apic/io_apic.c:1500: undefined reference to `irq_remapped'
arch/x86/kernel/built-in.o: In function `intel_iommu_init':
/root/subrata/kernels/linux-2.6.30-rc1-randconfig5/include/linux/dmar.h:194: undefined reference to `dmar_dev_scope_init'
arch/x86/kernel/built-in.o: In function `pci_iommu_alloc':
/root/subrata/kernels/linux-2.6.30-rc1-randconfig5/arch/x86/kernel/pci-dma.c:125: undefined reference to `detect_intel_iommu'
arch/x86/kernel/built-in.o: In function `enable_IR_x2apic':
/root/subrata/kernels/linux-2.6.30-rc1-randconfig5/arch/x86/kernel/apic/apic.c:1333: undefined reference to `dmar_table_init'
/root/subrata/kernels/linux-2.6.30-rc1-randconfig5/arch/x86/kernel/apic/apic.c:1360: undefined reference to `enable_intr_remapping'
arch/x86/kernel/built-in.o: In function `default_setup_apic_routing':
/root/subrata/kernels/linux-2.6.30-rc1-randconfig5/arch/x86/kernel/apic/probe_64.c:76: undefined reference to `intr_remapping_enabled'
/root/subrata/kernels/linux-2.6.30-rc1-randconfig5/arch/x86/kernel/apic/probe_64.c:77: undefined reference to `enable_drhd_fault_handling'
arch/x86/kernel/built-in.o: In function `setup_timer_IRQ0_pin':
/root/subrata/kernels/linux-2.6.30-rc1-randconfig5/arch/x86/kernel/apic/io_apic.c:1698: undefined reference to `intr_remapping_enabled'
arch/x86/kernel/built-in.o: In function `setup_ioapic_dest':
/root/subrata/kernels/linux-2.6.30-rc1-randconfig5/arch/x86/kernel/apic/io_apic.c:4091: undefined reference to `intr_remapping_enabled'
arch/x86/kernel/built-in.o: In function `check_timer':
/root/subrata/kernels/linux-2.6.30-rc1-randconfig5/arch/x86/kernel/apic/io_apic.c:2954: undefined reference to `intr_remapping_enabled'
/root/subrata/kernels/linux-2.6.30-rc1-randconfig5/arch/x86/kernel/apic/io_apic.c:2991: undefined reference to `intr_remapping_enabled'
make: *** [.tmp_vmlinux1] Error 1

Regards--
Subrata