Subject: [BUILD FAILURE 06] Next April 9 : PPC64 randconfig [drivers/usb/musb/musb_core.c]

From: Subrata Modak <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Apr 2009 20:54:05 +0530

Observed this build failure:

MODPOST vmlinux.o
WARNING: modpost: Found 6 section mismatch(es).
To see full details build your kernel with:
'make CONFIG_DEBUG_SECTION_MISMATCH=y'
  GEN     .version
  CHK     include/linux/compile.h
  UPD     include/linux/compile.h
  CC      init/version.o
  LD      init/built-in.o
  LD      .tmp_vmlinux1
drivers/built-in.o: In function `musb_free':
/root/subrata/kernels/linux-2.6.30-rc1-randconfig12/drivers/usb/musb/musb_core.c:1837: undefined reference to `dma_controller_destroy'
drivers/built-in.o: In function `musb_init_controller':
/root/subrata/kernels/linux-2.6.30-rc1-randconfig12/drivers/usb/musb/musb_core.c:1950: undefined reference to `dma_controller_create'
`.exit.data' referenced in section `.exit.text' of drivers/built-in.o:
defined in discarded section `.exit.data' of drivers/built-in.o
`.exit.data' referenced in section `.exit.text' of drivers/built-in.o:
defined in discarded section `.exit.data' of drivers/built-in.o
`.exit.data' referenced in section `.exit.text' of drivers/built-in.o:
defined in discarded section `.exit.data' of drivers/built-in.o
`.exit.data' referenced in section `.exit.text' of drivers/built-in.o:
defined in discarded section `.exit.data' of drivers/built-in.o
make: *** [.tmp_vmlinux1] Error 1

Regards--
Subrata