Subject: [BUILD FAILURE 01/12] Next April 14 : PPC64 randconfig [arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/dtl.c]

From: Subrata Modak <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 23:58:05 +0530

Observed the following build error:
---
arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/dtl.c: In function ‘dtl_init’:
arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/dtl.c:238: error: implicit declaration of
function ‘firmware_has_feature’
arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/dtl.c:238: error: ‘FW_FEATURE_SPLPAR’
undeclared (first use in this function)
arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/dtl.c:238: error: (Each undeclared
identifier is reported only once
arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/dtl.c:238: error: for each function it
appears in.)
make[2]: *** [arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/dtl.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries] Error 2
make: *** [arch/powerpc/platforms] Error 2
---

This was reported earlier and fix given by Sachin:
http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/25481/,

It seems the tree has not inherited the fix.
I also reported this error during 20090409 next release:
http://lkml.org/lkml/2009/4/9/224,

Regards--
Subrata

_______________________________________________
Linuxppc-dev mailing list
[email-masked]
https://ozlabs.org/mailman/listinfo/linuxppc-dev