Subject: Re: linux-next: wireless tree build failure

From: Johannes Berg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 10:59:06 +0200

Hi Stephen,

> drivers/platform/x86/oqo-wmi.c: In function 'oqo_rfkill_init':
> drivers/platform/x86/oqo-wmi.c:767: error: 'struct rfkill' has no member named 'user_claim_unsupported'
> 
> Caused by commit bc3e4095713c0bf57c8c9c1e91d93d6654075079 ("rfkill:
> remove user_claim stuff") interacting with commit
> 03919980ad590ad5c5c181d1bd7d58513ad170bc ("platform/x86: Add oqo-wmi
> driver for model 2 OQO backlight and rfkill control") from the acpi tree.
> 
> I have reverted commit bc3e4095713c0bf57c8c9c1e91d93d6654075079 for today.
> 
> Johannes, maybe you could suggest a patch for the acpi guys?

Fun. Another rfkill problem. It'll get worse -- I have a complete rfkill
rewrite in the pipeline. For this part it's easy, just remove
user_claim_unsupported use from the driver.

Any suggestions on how to handle the other merge problems?

johannes