Subject: Re: [BUILD FAILURE 02/12] Next April 21 : PPC64 randconfig [drivers/net/ni65.c]

From: Subrata Modak <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 21:45:47 +0530

On Wed, 2009-04-22 at 00:20 +0530, Subrata Modak wrote: 
> I am observing this for the first time:
> 
> CC      drivers/net/ni65.o
> drivers/net/ni65.c: In function ‘ni65_init_lance’:
> drivers/net/ni65.c:585: error: implicit declaration of function
> ‘isa_virt_to_bus’
> drivers/net/ni65.c: In function ‘ni65_stop_start’:
> drivers/net/ni65.c:757: error: implicit declaration of function
> ‘isa_bus_to_virt’
> make[2]: *** [drivers/net/ni65.o] Error 1
> make[1]: *** [drivers/net] Error 2
> make: *** [drivers] Error 2
> ---

Is there any specific dependency of whether this should be built only
with certain archs ? As the case may be, i found the functions
prototypes defined inside the arch specific headers, which definitely
will not compile on PPC64:

# find . -type f | xargs grep -in isa_virt_to_bus
./arch/alpha/include/asm/io.h:119:#define isa_virt_to_bus virt_to_bus
./arch/arm/include/asm/io.h:33:#define isa_virt_to_bus virt_to_phys
./arch/mips/include/asm/io.h:142:static inline unsigned long
isa_virt_to_bus(volatile void * address)
./arch/parisc/include/asm/io.h:17:static inline unsigned long
isa_virt_to_bus(void *addr) {
./arch/x86/include/asm/floppy.h:182:
isa_virt_to_bus(addr) >= 0x1000000 ||
./arch/x86/include/asm/floppy.h:218:    set_dma_addr(FLOPPY_DMA,
isa_virt_to_bus(addr));
./arch/x86/include/asm/io.h:130:static inline unsigned int
isa_virt_to_bus(volatile void *address)

Then there should be some solution to the problem inside
drivers/net/Kconfig

Regards--
Subrata

> Regards--
> Subrata