Subject: Re: linux-next: sound tree build failure

From: Liam Girdwood <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2010 11:50:30 +0000

Hi Stephen,

On Tue, 2010-02-02 at 22:17 +1100, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi Mark,
> 
> On Tue, 2 Feb 2010 10:58:00 +0000 Mark Brown <[email-masked]> wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, Feb 02, 2010 at 09:37:32PM +1100, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> > 
> > > The sound tree is merged before the mfd tree, and the commit that adds
> > > those is only in the mfd tree.  So the sound tree, on its own, is
> > > broken.  This driver will only build if you merge the mfd tree as well.
> > 
> > Ah, you're doing builds after each individual merge.  It might help to
> 
> Always have ...
> 

I wonder if it would be possible to re-order the merge sequence so that
similar inter tree dependencies are less likely to cause -next build
failures in the future.  I guess atm lots of driver trees can depend on
MFD (e.g. regulator, sound, rtc, backlight, led, watchdog, etc) so it
may be good to move it up the order.

Liam

-- 
Freelance Developer, SlimLogic Ltd
ASoC and Voltage Regulator Maintainer.
http://www.slimlogic.co.uk