Subject: [next-20100722] drivers/input/serio/i8042.ko undefined error & Bad Relocations warning

From: Subrata Modak <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 15:45:12 +0530

With linux-next-20100722 on Power7 and allmodconfig, i get the following
undefined error and Bad relocation warning:

ERROR: "of_i8042_kbd_irq" [drivers/input/serio/i8042.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "of_i8042_aux_irq" [drivers/input/serio/i8042.ko] undefined!

...
and
...

WARNING: 3 bad relocations
c000000000008590 R_PPC64_ADDR32    .text+0x4000000000008460
c000000000008594 R_PPC64_ADDR32    .text+0x4000000000008598
c000000000add890 R_PPC64_ADDR64    __crc_softirq_work_list

I reported the above on 2.6.35-rc5 alone few days back:
http://marc.info/?t=127919383300002&r=1&w=2,

However,
c000000000add890 R_PPC64_ADDR64    __crc_softirq_work_list

is newly seen apart from:
c000000000008590 R_PPC64_ADDR32    .text+0x4000000000008460
c000000000008594 R_PPC64_ADDR32    .text+0x4000000000008598

Regards--
Subrata