Subject: Re: linux-next: build warnings after merge of the final tree (mtd tree related)

From: David Woodhouse <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 09:51:48 +0100

On Tue, 2010-10-26 at 13:49 +1100, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> 
> I am not sure where these came from ... 

It's a config issue. You have chosen to build NOR flash support.

NOR flash can be wired up many ways. It could be four 8-bit chips in
parallel in a 32-bit bus, two 16-bit chips in a 32-bit bus, 2 8-bit
chips in a 16-bit bus, one 16-bit chip in a 16-bus bus, etc...

You have elected to support *none* of those configurations. No NOR chip
support can work.

You don't get to choose individual geometry options unless you set
CONFIG_MTD_ADV_OPTIONS -- by default you get a fully versatile driver
which can cope with anything at runtime.

I'll build a ppc44x_defconfig and work out what's going wrong. I'd
expect this kind of thing with randconfig, but not a defconfig.

-- 
David Woodhouse                            Open Source Technology Centre
[email-masked]                              Intel Corporation