Subject: l2-mtd-2.6.git to linux-next

From: Artem Bityutskiy <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2011 10:37:30 +0300

Stephen,

as we've discussed, please, include l2-mtd-2.6.git tree to linux-next:

git://git.infradead.org/users/dedekind/l2-mtd-2.6.git master

David, Stephen would like to see your explicit ack.

To make a long story short, currently the MTD subsystem maintenance is a
team work:

1. David is the maintainer who has the ultimate authority to merge or
   reject patches, and who holds the biggest MTD experience/knowledge.

2. David is busy with other projects and has no time to routinely
   review patches and merge them to the mtd-2.6.git tree. And I help him
   with my "level 2" l2-mtd-2.6.git tree.

By including l2-mtd-2.6.git into linux-next we want to solve the
following problem: because of lack of time dwmw2 does not always merges
patches to the mtd-2.6.git tree, and often we are in a situation when
MTD patches are exposed to linux-next for a day or 2, during the merge
window, and then they are merged.

Thanks!

-- 
Best Regards,
Artem Bityutskiy (Артём Битюцкий)