Subject: Re: linux-next: manual merge of the rr tree with the openrisc tree

From: Jonas Bonn <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2011 18:01:08 +0200

On Sat, 2011-07-16 at 18:17 +1000, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Today's linux-next merge of the rr tree got a conflict in
> arch/openrisc/kernel/module.c between commit 07319a81a55f ("OpenRISC:
> Module support") from the openrisc tree and commit 7c71b2f8e35c
> ("modules: make arch's use default loader hooks") from the rr tree.
> 
> This is an indirect conflict that turns up because
> arch/openrisc/kernel/module.c is based very closely on a file that is
> modified by the rr commit.  I have just used the openrisc version of the
> file, but I assume that much of it could be removed.

The OpenRISC tree should depend on that patch from Rusty's tree and the
file arch/openrisc/kernel/module.c should be a bit simpler.  I'll push
out an updated OpenRISC tree this evening that has that fixed and we'll
see if the conflict doesn't go away.

That said, I don't quite understand why there's a conflict there at
all... the OpenRISC tree should have been independent of that patch in
any case.

/Jonas