Subject: Re: linux-next: build failure after merge of the scsi tree

From: James Bottomley <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2011 10:53:52 +0400

On Thu, 2011-12-15 at 12:58 +1100, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi James,
> 
> After merging the scsi tree, today's linux-next build (powerpc
> ppc64_defconfig) failed like this:
> 
> drivers/scsi/qla4xxx/ql4_os.c:2135:6: error: redefinition of 'qla4xxx_check_relogin_flash_ddb'
> drivers/scsi/qla4xxx/ql4_os.c:2081:6: note: previous definition of 'qla4xxx_check_relogin_flash_ddb' was here
> 
> Caused by a bad automatic merge when I merged the scsi tree today.  The
> patch "[SCSI] qla4xxx: fix flash/ddb support" appears in both the scsi
> and scsi-rc-fixes tree (as separate commits) and git has messed up the
> merge.  I fixed it up by using the version of this file from the scsi
> tree.

Erk sorry ... I blame tglx ... I had to rebase the rc-fixes tree to get
a cc stable on to one of his patches, but I need to rebase scsi-misc as
well since it's built on top of rc-fixes.  Should be fixed for the next
go around (which is where the duplicate came from).

James