Subject: Re: linux-next: manual merge of the l2-mtd tree with the logfs tree

From: Artem Bityutskiy <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2011 10:52:21 +0200

On Wed, 2011-12-28 at 12:48 +1100, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi Artem,
> 
> Today's linux-next merge of the l2-mtd tree got a conflict in
> fs/logfs/dev_mtd.c between commit d1cc3ad397f2 ("Logfs: Allow NULL
> block_isbad() methods") from the  tree and commit 22aed0c2578c ("mtd:
> introduce mtd_block_isbad interface") from the l2-mtd tree.

Hi, thanks.

> I fixed it up (see below) and can carry the fix as necessary.  I am a
> little worried that the block_isbad member of struct mtd_info may be
> hidden in the future and so break the NULL checks here.

I will take care of all the direct use of "mtd->block_isbad" everywhere
during the 3.3 cycle. So far I just introduced the wrapper functions,
and amended all the users that coccinelle has found.

But it is also OK to use the pointers directly so far (in 3.2), and I
will take care of this by 3.3.

Thanks for taking care of the conflict.

-- 
Best Regards,
Artem Bityutskiy