Subject: Re: Please add irqdomain branch to linux-next

From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 14:11:38 +1100

On Wed, 2012-02-15 at 18:32 -0700, Grant Likely wrote:

> Only nomap users will care about this, and of those 5, only iseries
> and ps3 actually change it.  How about I add a max_virq parameter to
> only be used by the nomap revmap?  That seems to be cleaner than a
> global setting.  I've crafted a patch and will post it with v5 of the
> series.

Right, I don't see an obvious need elsewhere so it could be a flag
specific to nomap, tho it still needs to be taken into account in the
main allocation code.

> For now I'll use numa_node_id() at allocation time.  I'll craft a
> follow-on patch to change the API since it touches a lot of call
> sites.

But which node ? :-)

I'd rather you add a new API, no need to change the call sites:

Add foo_node(xxx,node); and have the existing foo() be implemented
as a static inline calling foo_node(xxx,0); or something like that, then
I can change the powerpc code to use the later & pass the PCI device
node (which should be in the pci_controller structure). We can add more
later.

> I've dropped irq_domain_xlate_pci()
> 
> I think I've addressed all the problems you've brought up.  I'm
> testing now and I'll be posting v5 very shortly.

Ok, let me know.

Cheers,
Ben.