Subject: nfs root problem in linux-next

From: Mark Salter <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 16:26:45 -0400

As of Friday's linux-next I've been unable to successfully boot using an
nfs root with a c6x board. I bisected it to this patch:

  commit cc3b296fd9a01c9e654bcb9373af70dd6e32fb24
  Author: Trond Myklebust <[email-masked]>
  Date:   Thu Jun 21 14:53:10 2012 -0400

      SUNRPC: Clean up xdr_read_pages and xdr_enter_page

I placed "good-boot" and "bad-boot" packet capture files at:

  http://people.redhat.com/~msalter/linux-next/

The only difference in the kernels used is the above patch. The
bad-boot mounted the nfs root but was unable to find the init
file which caused a panic. The nfsroot= parameter uses v3,tcp
flags and the server side is running rhel6.

I'm not at all familiar with the nfs code, but can help with
testing or providing any addtional info needed.

--Mark

--
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-nfs" in
the body of a message to [email-masked]
More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html