Subject: Re: linux-next: manual merge of the l2-mtd tree with the mtd tree

From: David Woodhouse <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2012 16:39:33 +0100

On Wed, 2012-07-25 at 17:36 +0200, Gerlando Falauto wrote:
> 
> thanks for your explanation.
> So, is it correct to say that any patch contained within l2-mtd (but 
> *NOT* within linux-mtd) will eventually be killed? (Or rather, 
> *replaced* by the version eventually applied to linux-mtd)?

Usually, yes. It'll either get applied in some form or other to the
linux-mtd tree, or on the infrequent occasions that Artem merges
something that I object to, the author will get an email from me
explaining *why* it wasn't applied.

Sometimes I *do* just pull everything from Artem's tree, but usually I
don't.

> In other words, when you say "Artem updates his tree", it is
> technically a rebase (so his version of a patch actually looks as if
> never existed), right? 

Yes.

-- 
dwmw2