Subject: Re: linux-next: manual merge of the akpm tree with Linus' tree

From: Eric Paris <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 May 2013 22:11:10 -0400

On Mon, 2013-05-13 at 12:07 +1000, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
> 
> Today's linux-next merge of the akpm tree got a conflict in
> kernel/auditsc.c between commit b24a30a73054 ("audit: fix event coverage
> of AUDIT_ANOM_LINK") from Linus' tree and commit "audit: fix mq_open and
> mq_unlink to add the MQ root as a hidden parent audit_names record" from
> the akpm tree.

Actually, I've already picked the patch up for 3.11.  So Andrew, you can
drop it.

> I fixed it up (see below) and can carry the fix as necessary (no action
> is required).
> 
> BTW, commit b24a30a73054 from Linus' tree has Eric Paris as Author and
> Committer, but is only Signed-off-by Kees Cook.  It is part of a long
> series that did not go anywhere near linus-next.   I do have an audit
> tree in linux-next
> (git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/viro/audit.git#for-next)
> but that hasn't seen any recent activity.

I thought I sent you a note asking for audit to get pulled into -next
quite a while back.  I'll resend...