Subject: [PATCH linux-next] edma: select arch common code to fix link

From: Vincent Stehlé <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2013 18:49:20 +0200

EDMA code has been moved to a common folder with a new CONFIG_TI_PRIV_EDMA
switch. Select it when the edma driver is enabled.

This fixes the following link error:

  drivers/built-in.o: In function `edma_remove':
  of_iommu.c:(.text+0x4ef20): undefined reference to `edma_free_slot'
  drivers/built-in.o: In function `edma_control':
  of_iommu.c:(.text+0x4ef70): undefined reference to `edma_stop'
  drivers/built-in.o: In function `edma_execute':
  of_iommu.c:(.text+0x4f11c): undefined reference to `edma_write_slot'
  of_iommu.c:(.text+0x4f150): undefined reference to `edma_link'
  of_iommu.c:(.text+0x4f168): undefined reference to `edma_start'
  drivers/built-in.o: In function `edma_free_chan_resources':
  of_iommu.c:(.text+0x4f220): undefined reference to `edma_stop'
  of_iommu.c:(.text+0x4f304): undefined reference to `edma_free_slot'
  of_iommu.c:(.text+0x4f328): undefined reference to `edma_free_channel'
  drivers/built-in.o: In function `edma_alloc_chan_resources':
  of_iommu.c:(.text+0x4f37c): undefined reference to `edma_alloc_channel'
  of_iommu.c:(.text+0x4f3d8): undefined reference to `edma_free_channel'
  drivers/built-in.o: In function `edma_prep_slave_sg':
  of_iommu.c:(.text+0x4f67c): undefined reference to `edma_alloc_slot'
  drivers/built-in.o: In function `edma_probe':
  of_iommu.c:(.text+0x4f794): undefined reference to `edma_alloc_slot'
  of_iommu.c:(.text+0x4f8b8): undefined reference to `edma_free_slot'
  drivers/built-in.o: In function `edma_callback':
  of_iommu.c:(.text+0x4fae4): undefined reference to `edma_stop'
  make: *** [vmlinux] Error 1

Signed-off-by: Vincent Stehlé <[email-masked]>
Cc: Matt Porter <[email-masked]>
Cc: Sekhar Nori <[email-masked]>
Cc: Vinod Koul <[email-masked]>
Cc: Dan Williams <[email-masked]>
Cc: Russell King <[email-masked]>
---

Hi,

Build of linux next-20130709 is broken for ARM multi_v7_defconfig. This patch
fixes it.

(Note: the error messages mentioning of_iommu.c are misleading.)

Best regards,

V.

 drivers/dma/Kconfig |    1 +
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+)

diff --git a/drivers/dma/Kconfig b/drivers/dma/Kconfig
index 6825957..8b3fca9 100644
--- a/drivers/dma/Kconfig
+++ b/drivers/dma/Kconfig
@@ -198,6 +198,7 @@ config TI_EDMA
 	depends on ARCH_DAVINCI || ARCH_OMAP
 	select DMA_ENGINE
 	select DMA_VIRTUAL_CHANNELS
+	select TI_PRIV_EDMA
 	default n
 	help
 	  Enable support for the TI EDMA controller. This DMA
-- 
1.7.10.4