Subject: Re: linux-next: build failure after merge of the final tree

From: Paul Bolle <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2014 22:21:28 +0200

Greg,

On Wed, 2014-05-28 at 12:14 +0200, Paul Bolle wrote:
> I must have compile tested this with CONFIG_LIB80211_CRYPT_TKIP=m while
> the code checks for CONFIG_LIB80211_CRYPT_TKIP only (ie, builtin only).
> I'll have to have a better look at this.
> 
> Greg, can the cleaning up of this mess involve an entirely new patch? An
> incremental patch would leave this build error in a certain range of
> commits.

The pieces of the latest linux-next build were handed to me by Stephen
as my patch managed to break it.

I'm assuming you'd like to include rtl8192u in linux-next's builds
again. Currently I got nothing to offer to you but a request to either
drop "staging: rtl8192u: rename CONFIG_IEEE80211_CRYPT_TKIP" from
staging-next or, if that's not how staging-next works, a request to
revert it. What do you prefer?

Either way I'll see whether I can come up with a fix that allows me to
take off that brown paper bag.

Paul Bolle