Subject: Re: arm64 audit build failures in -next

From: Eric Paris <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2014 16:35:34 -0400

I just pushed a clean copy of Linus' tree to my audit tree.  So my API
change is gone when he next pull for -next.  I'm on vacation this week
and really wanted to get it fixed right before I left.  It didn't
happen.  when I push a new tree into next I will pick up the arm audit
patch and fix the api in my tree.

-Eric

On Sat, 2014-08-23 at 10:50 -0500, Mark Brown wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 23, 2014 at 04:11:20PM +0100, Build bot for Mark Brown wrote:
> 
> > 	arm64-allmodconfig
> > ../arch/arm64/kernel/ptrace.c:1120:3: error: too many arguments to function 'audit_syscall_entry'
> 
> This has now been broken in -next for about a month with a fix available
> and since the merge window the arm64 audit support is in mainline so the
> fix can be directly applied without cross tree issues (the audit changes
> didn't get sent during the merge window).  Catalin and Will have also
> indicated that they want to remove the workaround that's in -next
> currently to allow defconfig to build which would make the situation
> even more pressing.
> 
> Do we have any idea when it will be possible to get a fix into -next?