Subject: Re: linux-next: Tree for Dec 12

From: Paul Bolle <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2014 10:49:17 +0100

Hi Stephen,

On Fri, 2014-12-12 at 18:35 +1100, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> -- 
> Cheers,
> Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]

(Side note: it took me some time to realize that evolution automagically
removes the above lines and the log that follows because it is
considered one humongous signature. Maybe there's a setting to stop
evolution doing that. Anyhow, I copied the quotes in this message by
hand.)

> $ git checkout master
> $ git reset --hard stable
> [...]
> Merging akpm-current/current (35ac317b788c shmdt: use i_size_read() instead of ->i_size)
> CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in tools/testing/selftests/Makefile
> CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in mm/page_alloc.c
> CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in mm/memcontrol.c
> CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in mm/hugetlb.c
> CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in kernel/printk/printk.c
> CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in kernel/exit.c
> CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in init/main.c

I think the conflict resolution here can be found in your merge commit
bcab756e1d32 ("Merge branch 'akpm-current/current'").

For some reason it removes the only check for CONFIG_INIT_FALLBACK. I
only noticed because that makes the Kconfig entry INIT_FALLBACK a nop.
That check and Kconfig entry were added in commit 6ef4536e2f19 ("init:
allow CONFIG_INIT_FALLBACK=n to disable defaults if init= fails"). That
commit debuted in today's linux-next.

Anyhow, I'm sure this all will be sorted out in due time.

> CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in include/linux/mmzone.h
> CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in fs/proc/task_mmu.c
> CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in fs/ocfs2/inode.h
> CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in fs/binfmt_misc.c
> CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in drivers/usb/storage/debug.c
> CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in drivers/rtc/rtc-omap.c
> CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in drivers/rtc/rtc-isl12057.c
> CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in drivers/rtc/rtc-ds1374.c
> CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in Documentation/devicetree/bindings/vendor-prefixes.txt
> CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in Documentation/devicetree/bindings/i2c/trivial-devices.txt

Thanks,

Paul Bolle