Subject: Re: bf609: CONFIG_SND_BF6XX_PCM?

From: Paul Bolle <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2015 11:08:33 +0100

Hi Scott,

[Added Stephen Rothwell and linux-next.]

On Sat, 2014-08-30 at 14:04 +0200, Paul Bolle wrote:
> On Fri, 2014-08-22 at 17:13 +0800, Scott Jiang wrote:
> > 2014-08-18 17:53 GMT+08:00 Paul Bolle <[email-masked]>:
> > > Your commit 1e3bc3e86be6 ("bf609: use new SND_BF6XX_PCM to choose audio
> > > pcm driver") landed in today's linux-next (ie, next-20140818).
> > >
> > > It adds two checks for CONFIG_SND_BF6XX_PCM. There's currently no
> > > Kconfig symbol SND_BF6XX_PCM in linux-next. I assume the code to add
> > > that symbol is queued somewhere. Is that correct?
> > >
> > I plan to merge tdm driver into bf6xx pcm driver and send patches to
> > Mark Brown next week. Also this patch in arch/blackfin will be
> > included. Is it ok?
> 
> I'm fine with about any way you'd like to resolve this. But if this
> hasn't changed in, say, a few months, I might send you a reminder.

These two checks can still be found in next-20150112. Since there's no
Kconfig symbol SND_BF6XX_PCM they will both evaluate to false. So this
is a reminder for this issue.

Are you still planning on adding that Kconfig symbol or should these two
checks (and the code they hide in linux-next) be removed?

Paul Bolle