Subject: Re: Build failures in -next due to use of __hrtimer_start_range_ns arm-ccn.c

From: Pawel Moll <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 May 2015 16:08:03 +0100

On Wed, 2015-05-13 at 15:51 +0100, Mark Brown wrote:
> On Wed, May 13, 2015 at 12:34:48PM +0100, Build bot for Mark Brown wrote:
> 
> > 	arm64-allmodconfig
> > ../drivers/bus/arm-ccn.c:924:3: error: implicit declaration of function '__hrtimer_start_range_ns' [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
> > 
> > 	arm-allmodconfig
> > ../drivers/bus/arm-ccn.c:924:3: error: implicit declaration of function '__hrtimer_start_range_ns' [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
> 
> Today's -next fails to build both arm and arm64 allmodconfig due to the
> above errors, introduced in commit ffa415245b8666c44d (bus: arm-ccn:
> cpumask attribute).  Judging from the name of the symbol it appears that
> the code is peering into hrtimer implementation details and indeed it
> was removed in commit 58f1f803f1d6ef9 (hrtimer: Get rid of
> __hrtimer_start_range_ns()) which has a commit message suggsting that
> this has indeed been explicitly removed and no new references should be
> added.

Right, the fix will be equivalent to
576b0704c9def6d54b3ae9e13b0b7567c713f568 "x86: perf: uncore: Use
hrtimer_start()"

http://marc.info/?l=linux-kernel&m=142904610220085

Will post it in a second, but not sure who should take it? The arm-soc
guys, as an additional ccn patch, or Thomas as part of his series?

Thanks for pointing this out!

Pawel