Subject: [GIT PULL 0/8] perf/core improvements and fixes

From: Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2015 16:41:35 -0300

Hi Ingo,

	Please consider pulling.

- Arnaldo

BTW.: There are several outstanding patchkits needing review and processing,
I'll be out this week for a conference, will try and speed up processing next
week.

The following changes since commit 0e537fef24d64f7bf3ef61a27edf64a8d9a5424c:

  Merge tag 'perf-core-for-mingo' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/acme/linux into perf/core (2015-10-08 10:52:44 +0200)

are available in the git repository at:

  git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/acme/linux.git tags/perf-core-for-mingo

for you to fetch changes up to 3a70fcd3a4db56731f67f0189514953c74257944:

  tools build: Fix cross compile build (2015-10-13 11:59:43 -0300)

----------------------------------------------------------------
perf/core improvements and fixes:

User visible:

- Use the alternative with the most descriptive filename containing
  a vmlinux file for a given build-id, providing a better title line
  for tools such as 'annotate' (Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo)

- Remove help messages about previous right and left arrow keybidings, that
  were repurposed for horizontal scrolling (Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo)

- Inform how to reset the symbol filter in the hists browser (top & report)
  (Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo)

- Add 'm' key for context menu display in the hists browser, that became
  inacessible with the repurposing of the right arrow key for horizontal
  scrolling (Namhyung Kim)

- Use debug_frame for callchains if eh_frame is unusable (Rabin Vicent)

Build fixes:

- Fix strict-aliasing breakage with gcc 4.4 in the READ_ONCE/WRITE_ONCE code
  adopted from the kernel tree, that builds with -fno-strict-aliasing while
  tools/perf/ uses -Wstrict-aliasing=3 (Jiri Olsa)

- Fix unw_word_t pointer casts in code using libunwind for callchains,
  fixing the build in at least 32-bit MIPS systems (Rabin Vicent)

- Workaround cross compile build problems related to fixdep (Jiri Olsa)

Signed-off-by: Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo <[email-masked]>

----------------------------------------------------------------
Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo (3):
      perf symbols: Try the .debug/ DSO cache as a last resort
      perf ui browsers: Remove help messages about use of right and arrow keys
      perf hists browser: Inform how to reset the symbol filter

Jiri Olsa (2):
      tools include: Fix strict-aliasing rules breakage
      tools build: Fix cross compile build

Namhyung Kim (1):
      perf hists browser: Add 'm' key for context menu display

Rabin Vincent (2):
      perf callchain: Use debug_frame if eh_frame is unusable
      perf callchains: Fix unw_word_t pointer casts

 tools/build/Makefile.include       |  4 ++++
 tools/include/linux/compiler.h     | 32 ++++++++++++++++++++++++--------
 tools/perf/ui/browsers/annotate.c  |  6 +++---
 tools/perf/ui/browsers/hists.c     | 13 ++++++++-----
 tools/perf/ui/browsers/map.c       |  2 +-
 tools/perf/ui/browsers/scripts.c   |  2 +-
 tools/perf/util/symbol.c           | 18 +++++++++---------
 tools/perf/util/unwind-libunwind.c | 14 ++++++++------
 8 files changed, 58 insertions(+), 33 deletions(-)