Subject: Re: linux-next: Signed-off-by missing for commits in the scsi tree

From: James Bottomley <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2017 16:41:36 -0700

On Wed, 2017-08-09 at 09:27 +1000, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi James,
> 
> The commit series
> 
>   94b76dcac422 ("scsi: qla2xxx: Fix system crash while triggering FW
> dump")
> to
>   b96b8da34c40 ("scsi: aacraid: Fix out of bounds in
> aac_get_name_resp")
> 
> is missing Signed-off-bys from its committer.  It looks like you have
> rebased a series from Martin ...

Yes we had to drop a commit which proved problematic in the fixes tree.
 The rule, I believe, is that only the person who transforms the email
to a git tree should be the last signoff in the commit log, even if
they're a tree pulling into another one and thereafter the signoffs go
in the merge commit, so the signoff sent by me in the signed tag when I
send the main tree to Linus is my signoff for transmitting all the
commits, which includes the rebased ones in this instance.

James