Subject: [linux-next] kernel Oops when booting powerpc

From: Abdul Haleem <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2018 11:37:12 +0530

Greeting's

linux-next kernel booted with kernel Oops on powerpc machine.

Machine Type: Power 8 [bare-metal & PowerVM LPAR]
kernel version: 4.15.0-rc7-next-20180115
test: Boot
config: attached

bootlogs:
---------
ses 0:0:3:0: Attached Enclosure device
ses 0:0:4:0: Attached Enclosure device
Rounding down aligned max_sectors from 4294967295 to 4294967168
Loading iSCSI transport class v2.0-870.
iscsi: registered transport (iser)
RPC: Registered rdma transport module.
RPC: Registered rdma backchannel transport module. 
ip6_tables: (C) 2000-2006 Netfilter Core Team
Ebtables v2.0 registered
nf_conntrack version 0.5.0 (65536 buckets, 262144 max)
Unable to handle kernel paging request for data at address 0x00000118
Faulting instruction address: 0xd0000000102d0fa8
Oops: Kernel access of bad area, sig: 11 [#1]
LE SMP NR_CPUS=1024 NUMA PowerNV
Modules linked in: ip6table_mangle ip6table_security ip6table_raw
iptable_nat nf_conntrack_ipv4 nf_defrag_ipv4 nf_nat_ipv4 nf_nat
nf_conntrack libcrc32c iptable_mangle iptable_security iptable_raw
ebtable_filter ebtables ip6table_filter ip6_tables rpcrdma ib_isert
iscsi_target_mod ib_iser libiscsi scsi_transport_iscsi ib_srpt
target_core_mod ib_srp scsi_transport_srp ib_ipoib rdma_ucm ib_ucm
ib_uverbs ib_umad rdma_cm ib_cm iw_cm iw_cxgb3 ib_core ses enclosure
scsi_transport_sas i2c_opal ipmi_powernv i2c_core ipmi_devintf
ipmi_msghandler powernv_op_panel nfsd auth_rpcgss kvm_hv nfs_acl kvm_pr
lockd grace kvm sunrpc qla2xxx scsi_transport_fc tg3 ptp pps_core cxgb3
mdio
CPU: 28 PID: 3447 Comm: ip6tables Not tainted 4.15.0-rc7-next-20180115-autotest #1
NIP:  d0000000102d0fa8 LR: d0000000102d0f94 CTR: c000000000138ee0
REGS: c0000007a41377f0 TRAP: 0300   Not tainted  (4.15.0-rc7-next-20180115-autotest)
MSR:  900000010280b033 <SF,HV,VEC,VSX,EE,FP,ME,IR,DR,RI,LE,TM[E]>  CR: 42002848  XER: 00000000
CFAR: c00000000000884c DAR: 0000000000000118 DSISR: 40000000 SOFTE: 1 
GPR00: d0000000102d0f94 c0000007a4137a70 d0000000102dd000 0000000000000100 
GPR04: 0000000000000001 0000000000000001 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 
GPR08: c0000007a4137880 fffffffffffff000 0000000000000000 0000000000000005 
GPR12: 0000000000002200 c00000000fd53400 0000000000000000 0000000010014f80 
GPR16: 0000000000000002 00007fff9c400518 00007ffffc2b0c98 0000000000000000 
GPR20: 0000000000000003 0000000010013c50 00007ffffc2b0ca0 00007ffffc2bffd3 
GPR24: 00007ffffc2b0890 00007ffffc2b088c 00007ffffc2b0894 c0000007a4137d00 
GPR28: 00007ffffc2b0894 c0000007a4137d00 0000000000000100 c0000000013ef580 
NIP [d0000000102d0fa8] get_info+0x98/0x290 [ip6_tables]
LR [d0000000102d0f94] get_info+0x84/0x290 [ip6_tables]
Call Trace:
[c0000007a4137a70] [d0000000102d0f94] get_info+0x84/0x290 [ip6_tables] (unreliable)
[c0000007a4137bb0] [d0000000102d2274] do_ip6t_get_ctl+0x94/0x590 [ip6_tables]
[c0000007a4137c90] [c0000000009d9ee8] nf_getsockopt+0x88/0xd0
[c0000007a4137ce0] [c000000000ab2170] ipv6_getsockopt+0x160/0x1f0
[c0000007a4137d30] [c000000000abe4c0] rawv6_getsockopt+0x40/0xd0
[c0000007a4137d50] [c00000000094c7d4] sock_common_getsockopt+0x34/0x50
[c0000007a4137d70] [c00000000094b228] SyS_getsockopt+0xa8/0x160
[c0000007a4137dd0] [c00000000094bef8] SyS_socketcall+0x1f8/0x3d0
[c0000007a4137e30] [c00000000000b8e0] system_call+0x58/0x6c
Instruction dump:
2e3e0000 98610117 40920190 7fe3fb78 3880000a 38a100f8 480034f9 e8410018 
3920f000 7fa34840 7c7e1b78 41dd01f4 <ebe30018> 40920144 38800000 38a00054 
---[ end trace ecbb65add1313022 ]---

IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): enP1p9s0f0: link is not ready
IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): enP1p9s0f0: link is not ready
IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): enP1p9s0f1: link is not ready
IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): enP1p9s0f1: link is not ready
IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): enP1p9s0f2: link is not ready
IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): enP1p9s0f2: link is not ready
IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): enP1p9s0f3: link is not ready
IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): enP1p9s0f3: link is not ready
IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): net0: link is not ready
IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): net0: link is not ready
IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): enp1s0: link is not ready
qla2xxx [0002:03:00.0]-8038:1: Cable is unplugged...
iw_cxgb3: Chelsio T3 RDMA Driver - version 1.1
ib_srpt MAD registration failed for cxgb3_0-1. 
ib_srpt srpt_add_one(cxgb3_0) failed.
iw_cxgb3: Initialized device 0000:01:00.0

-- 
Regard's

Abdul Haleem
IBM Linux Technology Centre