Subject: [linux-next][PPC][bisected c7d8b7][gcc 6.4.1] build error at drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/amdgpu_drv.c:1471

From: Abdul Haleem <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2019 11:23:21 +0530

Greeting's

Today's linux-next kernel 5.3.0-rc5-next-20190820 failed to build on my
powerpc machine

Build errors:
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/amdgpu_drv.c: In function amdgpu_exit:
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/amdgpu_drv.c:1471:2: error: implicit
declaration of function mmu_notifier_synchronize
[-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
  mmu_notifier_synchronize();
  ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 
cc1: some warnings being treated as errors
make[4]: *** [drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/amdgpu_drv.o] Error 1
make[3]: *** [drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu] Error 2

It was introduced with commit c7d8b7 (hmm: use mmu_notifier_get/put for
'struct hmm')

error disappears when commit is reverted.

-- 
Regard's

Abdul Haleem
IBM Linux Technology Centre