Subject: [REGRESSION] next/master: (build) ./include/trace/define_trace.h:118:10: fatal error: './panthor_tra...

From: KernelCI bot <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2026 19:59:04 -0000

Hello,

New build issue found on next/master:

---
 ./include/trace/define_trace.h:118:10: fatal error: './panthor_trace.h' file not found in drivers/gpu/drm/panthor/panthor_gpu.o (drivers/gpu/drm/panthor/panthor_gpu.c) [logspec:kbuild,kbuild.compiler.error]
---

- dashboard: https://d.kernelci.org/i/maestro:cd7b672e9f4a4e1686f0e661f2aedae6b9039e06
- giturl: https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/next/linux-next.git
- commit HEAD:  a0c666c25aeefd16f4b088c6549a6fb6b65a8a1d
- tags: next-20260122

Please include the KernelCI tag when submitting a fix:

Reported-by: kernelci.org bot <[email-masked]>

Log excerpt:
=====================================================
In file included from drivers/gpu/drm/panthor/panthor_gpu.c:26:
In file included from drivers/gpu/drm/panthor/panthor_trace.h:86:
./include/trace/define_trace.h:118:10: fatal error: './panthor_trace.h' file not found
  118 | #include TRACE_INCLUDE(TRACE_INCLUDE_FILE)
      |          ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
./include/trace/define_trace.h:113:32: note: expanded from macro 'TRACE_INCLUDE'
  113 | # define TRACE_INCLUDE(system) __TRACE_INCLUDE(system)
      |                                ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
./include/trace/define_trace.h:110:34: note: expanded from macro '__TRACE_INCLUDE'
  110 | # define __TRACE_INCLUDE(system) __stringify(TRACE_INCLUDE_PATH/system.h)
      |                                  ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
./include/linux/stringify.h:10:27: note: expanded from macro '__stringify'
   10 | #define __stringify(x...)       __stringify_1(x)
      |                                 ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
./include/linux/stringify.h:9:29: note: expanded from macro '__stringify_1'
    9 | #define __stringify_1(x...)     #x
      |                                 ^~
<scratch space>:63:1: note: expanded from here
   63 | "./panthor_trace.h"
      | ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1 error generated.

=====================================================

# Builds where the incident occurred:

## defconfig on (arm64):
- compiler: clang-21
- config: https://files.kernelci.org/kbuild-clang-21-arm64-mainline-697268df1908a6300d90db15/.config
- dashboard: https://d.kernelci.org/build/maestro:697268df1908a6300d90db15

#kernelci issue maestro:cd7b672e9f4a4e1686f0e661f2aedae6b9039e06

--
This is an experimental report format. Please send feedback in!
Talk to us at [email-masked]

Made with love by the KernelCI team - https://kernelci.org