Subject: Re: linux-next: s390 build failure

From: Greg KH <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 09:49:19 -0700

On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 06:03:35PM +1000, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi Greg,
> 
> Today's linux-next build (s390 defconfig) fails like this:
> 
> drivers/s390/cio/device_fsm.c:53: error: syntax error before ';' token
> drivers/s390/cio/device_fsm.c:54: error: syntax error before ';' token
> 
> Caused by commit 67da378c80848bb778ee8caecadcdf17e1e310e0 ("driver-core:
> prepare for removal of 20 char limit from struct device") from the
> driver-core tree. Missing close parentheses on added dev_name() calls.
> 
> A touch more care, please.

I have updated version of this in my to-apply queue, I've dropped this
now so linux-next tomorrow should be just fine.  I'll add it back in
when I have the cross-build system set up here so that I can test things
to prevent this kind of mess from happening in the future.

Sorry about that.

greg k-h