Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: [PATCH] kprobes: fix compilation break due to kprobe_mutex

From: Russell King - ARM Linux <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 May 2008 20:08:55 +0100

On Sun, May 18, 2008 at 02:20:10AM +1000, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> On Sat, 17 May 2008 23:59:26 +1000 Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]> wrote:
> >
> > On Sat, 17 May 2008 14:35:27 +0100 Russell King - ARM Linux <[email-masked]> wrote:
> > >
> > > The answer is all of them.  I can't suggest any subset, mainly because
> > > I don't know what's in each and what each will cover.  The coverage of
> > > each is really up to each platform maintainer I'm afraid.
> > 
> > OK, I will see what happens if I add them all.  You may need to ping me
> > if any get added or removed.
> 
> I have added them all.  There are some results on the web page already
> (http://kisskb.ellerman.id.au/kisskb/compiler/11/) which are all ok.  On
> our internal page (which will be mirrored above in an hour or so) there
> are some failures (so far clps7500_defconfig, collie_defconfig,
> corgi_defconfig, eseries_pxa_defconfig and magician_defconfig). Check
> there later.

If I'm reading this right, it's taking you about 3.5 hours to build the
set?

spitz_defconfig - trivial fix (I'll push that with my upcoming set)
magican_defconfig - ditto
omap*_defconfig - hopefully my recent merge of fixes from Tony Lindgren
 should resolve this.
eseries_pxa_defconfig - looks like a botched defconfig file ;(
corgi_defconfig - tried to get the person concerned to submit a trivial
 patch but wants to introduce some infrastructure instead
clps7500_defconfig - you may as well disable, I'll probably eventually
 remove this platform.

Lastly, collie_defconfig seems to be broken as a result of 5025/1 -
which claims to be a "fix" patch but is actually a "break" patch. ;(

Thanks.