Subject: Re: Tests tree not submitted?

From: Ananth N Mavinakayanahalli <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 10:08:22 +0530

On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 01:54:36PM +1000, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi Ananth, Sam,

Hi Stephen,

> Is there some reason that the tests tree changes have not bee submitted
> to Linus yet?  They have been in linux-next for quite some time now
> (since February 24) without any changes.

When this was submitted last, the opinion was that since it was post
2.6.25-rc2 and since it had Kconfig changes, this should be deferred to
the next release. However I got busy during the merge time and couldn't
resumbit this.

I believe this being a code movement, its mostly benign. But if it needs
to wait for 2.6.27, thats fine too; also given that the -mm is now based
on -next, it'll get a lot more tested.

Andrew,

What is the best way forward here? Given the code has been in -next for
a few months, and given -mm is now based on -next, will you be pushing
these changes to Linus during the next merge window? Or, do you want me
to resubmit the patchset again later in the 2.6.26-rc cycle?

Ananth