Subject: Re: linux-next: bkl-removal build failure

From: Greg KH <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 21:43:58 -0700

On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 11:12:45AM -0600, Jonathan Corbet wrote:
> Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> > Today's linux-next build (powerpc ppc64_defconfig) failed like this:
> > 
> > drivers/char/viotape.c: In function 'viotap_open':
> > /scratch/sfr/next/drivers/char/viotape.c:692: error: expected ';' before 'get_dev_info'
> 
> Well, that's embarrassing.  There are limits to what can be done with
> "make allyesconfig" when you only have one architecture at hand...:)

Andrew has a set of pre-built cross-compilers that can help out with
this at:
	http://userweb.kernel.org/~akpm/cross-compilers/

that ends up working very well for this.  I'm ashamed I haven't been
using them all along...

thanks,

greg k-h