Subject: Re: linux-next: ftrace build failure

From: Ingo Molnar <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 09:43:10 +0200

* Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]> wrote:

> --- a/arch/x86/mm/kmmio.c
> +++ b/arch/x86/mm/kmmio.c
> @@ -23,6 +23,7 @@
>  #include <linux/errno.h>
>  #include <asm/debugreg.h>
>  #include <linux/mmiotrace.h>
> +#include <linux/rculist.h>

this is not an 'ftrace build bug', this is an integration artifact of 
-next. It is fixed in -tip too (which too integrates these topics) in a 
different branch.

it's in a different branch because this is a change only makes sense if 
the 'tip/core/rcu' and 'tip/auto-ftrace-next' topics are combined - 
hence it lives in the "tip/auto-test-fixes" (commit 48bd24be18) - and 
this change was always there as the combined result wouldnt even build 
without this fix.

So this is a true "merge only commit" that cannot live standalone in any 
of the topic branches it is related to.

	Ingo