Subject: Re: linux-next: sparc64 build failure

From: Greg KH <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 07:10:05 -0700

On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 03:38:47PM +1000, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi Greg,
> 
> On Thu, 29 May 2008 15:01:58 -0700 Greg KH <[email-masked]> wrote:
> >
> > > -	sprintf(pci_name(dev), "%04x:%02x:%02x.%d", pci_domain_nr(bus),
> > > +	dev_set_name(&dev->dev, "%04x:%02x:%02x.%d", pci_domain_nr(bus),
> > >  		dev->bus->number, PCI_SLOT(devfn), PCI_FUNC(devfn));
> > 
> > It's wierd that we broke the build like this, I'll work to merge this in
> > so that it isn't broken.
> 
> It broke the build because arch/sparc64 is (mostly) built with -Werror.

Sorry, no, I realized that, I was confused as to why a warning was
created here.  Turns out that pci_name() was being changed to a const
string, and the compiler was rightfully saying that we can't be using
that for an assignment.

I've fixed it up correctly in my latest tree, which you should have
already.

thanks,

greg k-h