Subject: Re: linux-next: firmware build failure

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2008 20:40:50 +1000

Hi David,

On Wed, 04 Jun 2008 10:22:57 +0100 David Woodhouse <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> On Wed, 2008-06-04 at 16:46 +1000, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> > -                 echo "    .align $(ASM_ALIGN)"                        >>$@;\
> > +                 echo "    .p2align $${ASM_ALIGN}"                     >>$@;\
> 
> Ah, thanks. I did originally start doing it with big C files with char
> arrays, which made this part easier -- but I really wanted to
> use .incbin so I didn't have to copy the whole of the object into
> 'source' code. Just checking that that actually does the right thing on
> ppc and ppc64 too, and I'll refactor it to include that. And the kaweth
> fix.

Great, thanks.

> Then I'll go seeking the usb tree of which you speak, with the ti patch
> that conflicts. This not the tree at
> kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/gregkh/usb-2.6.git labelled 'junk
> tree; please ignore', I assume?

It is a quilt series here:
http://kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/gregkh/gregkh-2.6/gregkh-04-usb/

All the trees and their sources are listed in the file Next/Trees in the
linux-next tree.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]
http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~sfr/