Subject: Re: linux-next: Tree for June 5

From: Andrew Morton <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 00:47:43 -0700

On Fri, 6 Jun 2008 09:41:37 +0200 Ingo Molnar <[email-masked]> wrote:

> 
> * Andrew Morton <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> > > > did SLUB change in linux-next? There is no such problem in -tip.
> > > 
> > > i just successfully booted your config on 4 separate 64-bit 
> > > test-systems with latest -tip. (two dual-core boxes, a quad and a 
> > > 16way box) Latest -tip includes sched-next and x86-next as well.
> > 
> > What's the point in testing a radically differenet kernel from the one 
> > which is known to be crashing?
> 
> well, you Cc:-ed me, so i wanted to exclude -tip's 750+ commits in this 
> area (scheduling, 64-bit x86) in the first step.
> 

What's the relationship between -tip and linux-next?

The crash seems to be due to sched_domains startup ordering, at a guess.

My third bisect iteration has hit this:

arch/x86/mm/kmmio.c: In function 'get_kmmio_probe':
arch/x86/mm/kmmio.c:85: error: implicit declaration of function 'list_for_each_entry_rcu'
arch/x86/mm/kmmio.c:85: error: 'list' undeclared (first use in this function)
arch/x86/mm/kmmio.c:85: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
arch/x86/mm/kmmio.c:85: error: for each function it appears in.)
arch/x86/mm/kmmio.c:85: error: syntax error before '{' token
arch/x86/mm/kmmio.c:88: warning: no return statement in function returning non-void
arch/x86/mm/kmmio.c: In function 'get_kmmio_fault_page':
arch/x86/mm/kmmio.c:100: error: 'list' undeclared (first use in this function)
arch/x86/mm/kmmio.c:100: error: syntax error before '{' token
arch/x86/mm/kmmio.c:103: warning: no return statement in function returning non-void
arch/x86/mm/kmmio.c: In function 'add_kmmio_fault_page':
arch/x86/mm/kmmio.c:328: error: implicit declaration of function 'list_add_rcu'
arch/x86/mm/kmmio.c: In function 'remove_kmmio_fault_pages':
arch/x86/mm/kmmio.c:420: error: implicit declaration of function 'list_del_rcu'