Subject: Re: linux-next: net/net-current merge conflict

From: "Matt Carlson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 12:38:26 -0700

The correct thing to do would be to increment the net-next version every
time these conflicts appear.  Right now and to the best of my knowledge,
this policy would only apply to the tg3 driver.  Do you feel this is an
acceptable / sustainable way to deal with versioning between net and
net-next?

On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 05:28:23PM +1000, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi Dave,
> 
> Today's linux-next merge of the net tree got a trivial conflict in
> drivers/net/tg3.c between commit 1b84d9462a93ccfa99f725aad744ab4d1af8402b
> ("tg3: Update version to 3.92.1") from the net-current tree and commit
> bb9122b829e960f4e242c04c2b38c12efb37757b ("tg3: Update version to 3.93")
> from the net tree.
> 
> They both update the version and release dates.  I took the net tree
> version.
> 
> -- 
> Cheers,
> Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]
> http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~sfr/